Lower Hume Community Transport currently operates at Railway Parade – Seymour Station, Seymour. We aim to provide assistance with transport solutions for those in the community to enable engagment in social activity.
In Lower Hume we are supported by a very dedicated band of 9 local volunteer drivers.
New volunteers are always welcome.
All towns and localities throughout the Mitchell and Murrindindi Shires may be assisted by our service. Some of the areas where we currently provide services to are Alexandra, Broadford, Clonbinane, Eildon, Kilmore, Pyalong, Seymour, Tallarook, Wallan, Wandong, and Yea.
- Transport to attend medical appointments, therapeutic and other professional appointments.
- Where other services are unavailable we can assist with transport to appointments within the local area.
- Transport from the Lower Hume to the Melbourne CBD.
- Transport to hospitals and clinics on the North and North East Fringe of Melbourne.
- We may transport individuals to respite care in surrounding areas (Shepparton & Nagambie).
- We may assist with transport solutions for individuals to attend appointments in adjoining regional areas.
Our aim is to provide support to those in our community who are transport disadvantaged. Service may be limited by the availability of vehicles and volunteer drivers.
The people who we are able to help include
- persons with a disability
- financially challenged individuals
- geographically isolated persons who do not have access to public transport
- persons who satisfy Home and Community Care (HACC) criteria
Our office is manned from 9.30am to 4.00pm 5 days a week. A message service is available when the office is unattended.
Senior Program Support Officer – Bridget Hourigan