The Goulburn office is based in Shepparton. We have been operating since October 2000 in the Shepparton area and cover the LGAs of Moira, Greater Shepparton and Strathbogie, utilising a fleet of 5 cars, an 8 seater, 1 minibus and a minibus with wheelchair access.
We currently have 79 amazing volunteers who come from Shepparton, Mooroopna, Tatura, Toolamba, Tallygaroopna, Grahamvale, Numurkah, Strathmerton, Cobram and Mulwala.
If you are interested in accessing our vehicles, please visit our Smartlink program.
We do more than just provide community transport, our buses support other programs as well:
- Street Rider Bus – to take people home safely from late night venues on Saturday nights.
- Codgers Capers – men’s group who go on outings
- Community Based Meals – 3 lunch groups.
- Angels Voices – Congolese Choir
- Support Groups e.g. Alzheimer’s
- We provide transport to medical, therapy, respite and some social activities to people who are frail/aged or have a disability and their carer’s. We also cater to special needs groups, such as people who are Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and others who are transport disadvantaged.
- Restrictions – The service does not normally operate on weekends or public holidays and closes for a brief period over Christmas /New Year. Sometimes if all our cars are booked we are unable to provide service.
- We are currently funded by the Department of Health as a HACC service “for the coordination of volunteers”. This does NOT include vehicle running and replacement costs.
- Fee – We request a contribution from our clients to cover our operating costs. The amount will vary depending on the length of the trip and will be discussed at the time of booking.
If your town/area is not mentioned here, please visit our Community Transport page on the Getting There website.
- Your name and address
- Where you are going
- Day date and time of appointment
- How long you will need
- Will you have a carer
- Moira has a population of nearly 30,000 people and covers an area of 4,045 Sq. Km. It is bordered by the Murray River and is a popular retirement area. Therefore it has an ageing population with around 23% over 65. The towns include Yarrawonga, Cobram, Numurkah, Nathalia, Tungamah, Katamatite, Waaia, Bearii, Barmah, Bundalong, Picola, Strathmerton, Koonoomoo, Wilby and Wunghnu (pronounced One Ewe – world’s smallest sheep station)
- Greater Shepparton has a population of 63,000 people and covers an area of 2,422 Sq. Km. It is the heart of Victoria’s “Food Bowl” The towns include Mooroopna, Tatura, Murchison, Tallygaroopna, Toolamba, Merrigum, Kialla,(Lakes, Central and West) Congupna, Dookie, Katandra West, Undera and Shepparton East.
- Strathbogie has a population of about 10,000 people and covers an area of 3,302 Sq. Km. It is known as the Horse Capital of Australia and is the birthplace of “Black Cavier” It also has an ageing population with a quarter of the people over 65. Towns include Euroa, Violet Town, Nagambie, Avenel, Strathbogie, Kirwan’s Bridge, Mangalore, Ruffy and Longwood.
15 Glenn St, Shepparton
Ph: 03 5831 8515
Fax: 03 5831 2959